80's Music

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

I'm Done with Football... (recipes on this blog that is!!!)??? Steak Subs & Sliders

Steak & Cheese with Arugula 


Grown & Sexy Sliders 


Finally, this is it! No more football posts! No more tailgating recipes! No more party foods! The end of this series I'm sure is welcomed by all of my readers so after this it's back to everyday, regular recipes that tantalize the imagination, please the palette and tease the eyes. Oh yeah, the game of games is coming in just 5 months, the Superbowl. Maybe I'll just repost these recipes? You know I'll have something for you that will fit the occasion, so fear not...

I made steak subs one day when I was visiting DC from Dubai, during football season last year. When I travel I always try to reserve a room that has a full kitchen so that I can cook and possibly entertain. As my friend Crystal can attest, the recipe that I am about to share is exceptional....


On the menu today: Steak & Cheese with Arugula, Smoked Provolone and Chips. & Grown & Sexy Sliders...
       



For the Steak & Cheese we will need the following:


  • Skirt Steak or Ribeye  (1 # feeds 4 pp)
  • Soft Sub Rolls or Soft French Baguette  (1 pp Rolls or .5 if baguette)
  • Arugula (4 oz)
  • Mini Sweet Bell Peppers (5-10 each)
  • Onions (1 each)
  • Mayo (.5 cup)
  • Dijon Mustard (.25 cup)
  • Smoked Provolone Cheese (1 slice pp)

Sliced & Sauteed Peppers and Onions

Thin Cut Sirloin 

Sliced For CheeseSteak 

Start by slicing the peppers, onions and raw steak as pictured. Place the onions and peppers in a saute' pan and add salt and pepper remove and put the steak in and cook until medium well. Slice the bread lengthwise and toast by placing in inside on a butter pan and removing once done. Dress the sandwich by adding the dijon- mayo mixture and arugula to the bottom part of the roll and then adding the steak, onions,peppers and cheese. Place back in the oven on broil for 30-45 seconds or until cheese is melted. Add the fried shallots on to the top of the sandwich and cut on the bias as seen above and below. Add chips as a side and whatever your drink of choice might be. I normally have a beer, at this point....... 






Steak & Cheese 

For the Slider recipe, simply type Slider in the search box of the blog and you will be whisked away to another delicious recipe to die for............


Grown & Sexy With Bleu Cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment