80's Music

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Shhhh... NOT SO Silent Sunday 22 OPC Best of Spring & Summer 2012

I know, I know! This is Silent Sunday right? A day that I shut the #$@* up and let the pictures do the talking but not today. You see today a friend introduced me to the work of an artist that will be a favorite of mine for a long time to come. 

There are four things that I am extremely passionate about great food, relationships/friendships, travel and great music. It may surprise you to know that the latter is set far apart from all of the others. Yes, even cooking! Music moves me in ways that defy explanation. 

A dear friend introduced me to the music of Gregory Porter. Labeling him a soulful jazz musician is selling him so short of what he actually is so I'll just call him "Moving" and let you hear it for yourself. I also took the liberty of adding a video of his that I find precious and hopeful, you know as in the "hopeful romantic" that I see myself as. Take a look at it and share your thoughts, be sure to have a tissue on hand, no it's not sad but joy brings tears as much as pain. 

I can only hope that my food pictures bring justice to his music. Thank you for allowing my food and Mr. Porters' music into your hearts and ears for a moment and to my friend thank you for bringing joy to an otherwise rainy day in DC and introducing me to another lifelong friend in music....  














































No comments:

Post a Comment