80's Music

Friday, August 17, 2012

Nantucket Dreaming. Fish Sam'mich !!

Fish Sam'mich on Challah Bread 
Anyone ever feel like being somewhere besides where you are right now? I know I do! Right now I wish I were in Nantucket somewhere eating a fish sandwich and drinking a cold beer. Not that anything is wrong with where I am right this second but Nantucket would be a welcome change of atmosphere, weather and pace. While there is nothing I can do about the place, I can always make a fish sandwich that will take me there in spirit....



On the menu today: Grilled Flounder Sandwich 



Flounder Sandwich 



For this menu we will need the following:


  • Flounder Filet (1 for each Sandwich)
  • Challah Bread (sliced 1.5 inch thick)
  • Mayo (1 Tbs)
  • Dijon Mustard (1 tsp)
  • Tomato (2 slices pp)
  • Lettuce (1 leaf pp)
  • Cucumbers (4 slices pp)
  • Oil (1 Tbs)
  • Salt & Pepper (t t)


Start by seasoning the fish with salt & pepper then sear in an oiled and heated pan, allowing one side to brown for 4 minutes on high. Flip and place in a preheated 375 degree oven for 3-5 minutes. Toast the bread and add the mayo, sliced cucumbers, tomatoes, lettuce and mustard. Finally take the fish out of the oven and place on the bread to eat with chips or as seen below.











No comments:

Post a Comment