80's Music

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Iyanla, Fix My Plate.... Seared Short Ribs W/ Penne, Fennel Fronds & Roasted Tomatoes

Grilled Short Ribs,  Penne Pasta W/ Roasted Fennel, Fennel Fronds & Tomatoes
I'm not sure how many of you have watched the show "Iyanla, Fix My Life!" but it is definitely on my list of favorites. It's not so much an advice show but more of a show that forces you to deal with your "real" self, not that self that you put on before you say hello to the world each day; but that self that you know in your quiet moments.

The one thing that I feel is true about me is that I self reflect constantly, at first it was just something that I knew about myself and I'm not sure that I got the full benefit out of it but as I have grown older and in some instances wiser, I now know how to better myself as a result of self reflection and self honesty. I'm sure that you are thinking to yourselves"What in the hell this has to do with food?" to that I say simply, "Everything." I stay true to who I am and it shows in each of my dishes, I tend to be creative but I love routine and while I'm serious, I am as playful as you will meet. I love being grounded but whimsy is welcomed at all times. In essence I have learned not only to be passionate about the creative sides of me but even about the mundane task that I go about doing everyday. This is in deed, my greatest discovery, be passionate about everything that you do and you will not only strive for more, you will discover that the world is a different place when you know that you are contributing to the world being a better place..........


On The Menu Today:

Seared Short Ribs w/ Roasted Fennel & Tomato Penne





Sold Down The River For A Hat & A Parking Space!!!!!! 





For this menu we will need the following:


  • Boneless Short Rib (1-2 pp)
  • Penne Pasta (1 box)
  • Fennel (1 bulb)
  • Fennel Fronds (3 Tbs)
  • Garlic (1 Tbs)
  • Olive Oil (4 Tbs)
  • Cherry Tomato (10-15 ea)
  • Salt & Pepper (T T)
  • Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese (T T)
Start off by cooking the pasta in accordance with the directions on the box, once done place in a bowl and coat with a tsp of olive oil. Take the fennel bulb and julienne and cut the tomatoes half it then add 1 Tbs of olive oil and place it on a cooking sheet add salt and pepper. Cut the Frond (Fennel "leaves") and add to the cooked pasta along with the roasted vegetables and then add freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese, adding as much as you like. Allow this to sit until the meat is ready to serve.


  

Finish off by marinating the short ribs in garlic and olive oil for 15-30 minutes, once done place in a heated skillet after liberally seasoning with salt and pepper. Cook for 3-5 minutes on one side and 2-3 on the next side, allow to rest for 5 minutes before cutting.




No comments:

Post a Comment